Zauberball socks!!


IMG_3014.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
I don't think there is a sock yarn more deserving of an exclamation point thanZauberball. If under duress, and having to pick only one sock yarn to knit for the rest of my life, I might actually pick this one. I've only knit with this one color...that goes from purple to red and back again, but I do love it.

You may remember these socks. I had turned the heel on the first one and then we brought Pilot home, and we discovered he loved the Zauberball too. This is one of the first yarns he chose as part of one of his favorite games, "Chase Me". So by the time we were done with that round of the game, the poor Zauberball was totally unwound and in a few varied hunks.

Luckily, the yarn hadn't fallen off the needles, nor was the yarn broken, so Tim wonderfully spent a few hours one night detangling the mess. So then I just hurried up and finished them. Zauberball!

I like saying it too. Go ahead, say it three times with me: Zauberball, Zauberball, Zauberball. It almost makes you want to sing, doesn't it?

You can find this at Web's, Pacific Wool and Fiber, Simply Socks Yarn Company, and Woodland Woolworks. And maybe at your local LYS too.

Comments

handeyecrafts said…
I don't think I've ever even heard of Zauberball. Will definitely have to check it out.

Did you run into that spit-soaked length of yarn, like I do when the cats attack my work?
technikat said…
Pretty cool (I mean fiery) looking socks!
Rachel said…
I actually just bought two skeins of Zauberball at a yarn store in VA...much darker/muter colors than your choice of course! :) One for me and one for a swap partner...they had a sample sock knit up and I loved it! In fact, I even like your 'crazy' orange and blue/purple ones!