Spring Break: Day 1


IMG_3088.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
Officially on spring break: my grades are in, the syllabi for next term is done (and only needs about a dozen more copies printed...just got the class size increased) and the paper with a 4/1 deadline is just about done. Tim is done with classes too, and we're looking forward to a few days of being off from school.

In addition to the first day of spring break, it is just about the first day of spring and the birthday of my nephew Jason (who never reads this blog so I'm sure I won't be embarrassing him) and we had a beautiful day here in Oregon...mid 60s, blue skies. We took the dogs for a long walk in the hills at the Mt. Pisgah arboretum today and we all had a great time and got some much needed sun!

I've started it off with a bang by taking pictures of my WIPs and now will have plenty of blog fodder to share this week. This is the current state of Majestic. If you might recall, I can either take a picture that shows the yarn at its true color or take a picture that shows off the cables. This attempt has me wearing the sock on my arm and holding it in a sunbeam. I guess I could take it outside and shoot it but that would mean putting on shoes. And that's not on the agenda right now.

I have a pile of books to read, and I'm finishing "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett. It is one of those books I should hate: a historical novel where all the characters talk just like you and me...when they're not busy having sex or killing each other. But I can't put it down. Not sure why.

So stay tuned for lots of springy fiber goodness this week!

Comments

Linda said…
I hope you have a productive few days with your knitting. If the weather should stay as nice as it has been today you will have a hard time staying inside.

I love the weather and knitting in the Pacific Northwest.
~~Mikki Jo said…
I just happened upon your blog while searching for a scarf pattern. I am so glad I did, you have some beautiful knitting. I am amazed! I am looking for a pattern from Vogue Knitting 2009 spring/summer issue. It is a drop stitch scarf, you wouldn't happen to have this pattern that you could share with me? I have found pictures of it online, some people can look at it and figure out the pattern, but I'm just not that witty. I would so love to make this scarf. I love the Shibori felting also, so intereting. You could probably view the scarf I am speaking of and whip a pattern right out, I so wish I could do that! Thanks so much for your help. Blessings, Mikki
handeyecrafts said…
Hey --- you don't know how I talk when I'm having sex or killing peop. . .

I've said too much.

Popular Posts