It always happens the first day


IMG_3139.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
So yes, I finished the Majestic socks and yes, I still love them. This is a great cable pattern. I like it so much, that if I ordered a cake from Ace of Cakes, I'd ask them to copy this cable pattern on to the cake. Wouldn't it be pretty?

But...guess what happened. The first day I wear them, I snagged one of them on the corner of the warming drawer of the oven. And it split the stitch and the whole thing...right around the toe...started to unravel. Seriously! I jumped in there with my darning needle and fixed it, but you know how you feel after something so beautiful gets, um, sort of tainted.

But whatever. Life goes on. I'll keep wearing them. And I have another skein of yarn so I can knit these again (insert hysterical laughter here).

Pilot finished his training class last night. His diploma was a 'certificate of attendance.' Um, OK. He's learned a lot and so have we. Now to keep remembering to reinforce it. Right now he's sleeping on top of me so I can't complain too much.

Comments

Linda said…
Oh my goodness, my heart sank when I read about the snag. If I'd knit those socks I would have sat in the floor and cried before darning them.

Yes, I know what you mean about the tainted feeling. No one but you will know but it still takes a little of the glow away.

Your attitude is wonderful.
Beverly said…
Beautiful socks. I understand how you feel. I had a pair that came out of the dryer with a huge hole in the heel. I haven't had the urge to attempt to fix them because I'm so disappointed.
Rachel said…
Those socks came out amazing...tainted or not! :)