The Sheriff and his Buddies with a Samurai...sock?


IMG_3267.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
After many attempts at photographing this sock in progress, here it is. It is the 'Samurai Sock" from the book "Knitted Socks East and West" which I love...it has a lot of Asian-inspired socks and the socks are very different from ones I've ever knitted. This is the first pair I've knit from the book.

I know the pattern is hard to see because I'm using this really, really deep purple yarn with bits of black and dark blue, but basically the sock pattern is little rectangles separated by cables. I took the picture in the bright sunlight to try to get both the pattern and the color and have a little bit of pattern and a lot of color.

Here is a link to the Ravelry page for the pattern if you want to see it:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/samurai

I think the yarn is Fiber Optics but I"m not sure.

And now...a contest...from what song did I get the title of this post? Leave a comment and I'll randomly draw the name of anyone who leaves a comment to win a yarny prize! Contest closes on Wednesday, 7/7 at noon!

Oh, and Happy 4th! All of our little animals seem on the mend, knock wood.

Comments

Jenni said…
Doobie Brothers
China Grove
handeyecrafts said…
That's it --- "China Grove." All hail Michael McDonald, and. . . those other guys.
Panhandle Jane said…
China Grove by the Doobie Brothers
sjanova said…
Well, I have no idea what it's from though it sounds awfully familiar -- but also it looks kind of unanimous from the first three comments. And the pattern looks good. I need to try some interesting ribbings.....
Liz said…
China Grove, that's it...."looking to the East".....nice sock
Beverly said…
Talkin' bout the China Grove, wo oh China Grove.

I love the Doobie Brothers. Haven't seen them a long time.
Minh said…
No clue whatsoever but I like that it sounds like an exquisite corpse ;)
StephCat said…
no idea on the name, assuming everyone else who guessed did so correctly!
phlame said…
I was going to say "who shot the Sheriff" but then I saw every one's answer so:

China Grove by the Doobie Brothers

:)