Socks and Reading


IMG_3268.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
I've finished these socks for Tim...they turned out well and are nice and comfy. As I mentioned before, I have no idea what yarn they are...but they're nice. Just a basic sock.

I've read two great great books that I wanted to tell you about. First was "The Nobodies Album" by Carolyn Parkhurst. It's the story of an author who rewrites the endings for all her novels, and the endings reflect the challengs she's faced in her life. You might find this in the mystery section, because the story also involves a mystery regarding her son and his girlfriend. But the mystery is secondary to the story of a messed up family and how they come together.

And speaking of messed up families, I read Family Albums by Penelope Lively (I guess I have an eye out for books with 'album' in the title). A british family with six kids, two parents, and an au pair, and how the changing times and family issues pull them apart and bring them together (hmm, where have I read that). Great characters. If you've ever left home and not wanted to ever go back, you'll love this book.

What have you been reading? And knitting?

Comments