Meet the new sock!


IMG_3336.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
I started this sock before we left on vacation but didn't take it with me to Maryland since it is too intricate. The foot chart has about 70 rows on one sheet of paper. It's a bit disconcerting, but I like it!

And the sock? It's from the new Fall 2010 Twist Collective and it is the Manolo sock by Yarnissima. it has a lot of twists and cables and is fun to work, but takes a bit of concentration.

I worked on it last night while watching "The Last Station"...a very good movie about Tolstoy which makes you feel a bit smarter when it is done. And isn't Paul Giamatti just one of the best actors working today?

Yesterday it got up to 100 here...very unusual...but I'm reading a great book called "One Day" by David Nicholls that looks at the life of two people during the same day over many years. So much of yesterday was spent on the sofa, in the air conditioning, reading. One of the best things about late summer in Oregon is that it cools down very quickly at night...we turned off the AC at bedtime and about 4am I had to pull the blanket up. Love that!

Comments