Putting my Mind to It


IMG_3502.JPG
Originally uploaded by kbshee
I'm one of those people who tend to be busy, and to sometimes let that busy-ness overwhelm me a lot. A. Lot. In not very pleasant or endearing ways. I find, though, when I focus on something I can really, really focus, and if I get to that place I can get a lot done.

One problem is that when I'm at my job, I get interrupted constantly. If I get ten minutes to focus, I'm lucky.

And that is why this term has been hard...I have commitments on campus four out of five days, and I'm pretty burnt out at the end of those days. Wednesdays are my 'writing' days, and I've been working to protect them.

Today it paid off. I finished my share of a book, I finished a chapter of another book, I wrote a midterm, and I caught up on other things that needed catching up on. I feel good about all of this.

I also focused on this hat for Tim--it knit up very fast and looks great. The yarn is Crystal Palace Taos which is this sort of funky barberpole plied yarn that ended up in these pretty neat looking stripes.

Focus=good. Got to get me some more of that.

Comments

Kim said…
My final guess was patio awning. Think I need a new slide rule.