Lovely days

I've had two lovely days sitting on the sofa, knitting on Tim's sock, and reading a great book, "The Distant Hours" by Kate Morton.

Kate Morton is an Australian novelist who has written two other novels that are as wonderful as "The Distant Hours"..."The House at Riverton" and "The Forgotten Garden". I'm an anglophile, and the novels take place in large country houses (or in the case of "The Distant Hours" in a castle) in the english countryside, and in all the novels there is a bit of a mystery to be solved that involves someone in modern times doing some investigating into an earlier time (generally the ww2 era). The novels also focus on family relationships, good and bad, and what family really means. She writes just beautifully.

But I only have about 100 pages left, and I will be sad because I don't want this book to end! I haven't had a good novel for a while, and I'll miss this one when it is gone.

If you need a good curl-up-and-read book, find one by Kate Morton.

We've also had a few days without rain, so we've been out with the dogs and also went out to a brew pub with friends for dinner last night, so the days have been lovely all around.

Comments

Desert Flower said…
like your approach. Always love to hear about good books. I will add this to my reading list. Thanks!

Popular Posts