Ten Mile Knit Down

I'm not really big on New Year's resolutions, because like most people if I make them I won't keep them. But this morning I had the idea of setting a goal for using my stash.

Here's the thing. I have stash. I have lots of stash. I have way too much stash (I'm currently selling a bunch of stuff on Ravelry: here . And so the plan is to knit down my stash this year.

As much as I'm attracted to shiny pretty new yarns, this won't be a problem for me. I've been sorting through my yarn this past week, and trust me, I have plenty to keep my fingers busy.

So here's my goal: knit ten miles of yarn down this year. Ten miles of yarn is 17,600 yards. When you think about it, that's like 40 pairs of socks or 15 (or so) sweaters. So I can do this!

Here's the rules:
1. Any ball completed as of 12:01AM on 1/1/2011 counts...so with the sweater I'm making now, the next ball I finish will 'count' but not all the previous balls that make up the sweater.

2. If I don't use up the whole ball/skein (like with socks), I'll use a scale to 'guestimate' the total yardage that I actually used.

3. If I fall off the wagon and buy yarn, I must add that in to the mileage goal. So if I buy a skein of sock yarn that's 400 yards, then my total 'goal' will increase to 18,000 yards.

4. My prize: if I knit down five miles by the Black Sheep Gathering, I can buy a mile a yarn.

I've added a running total box on to my blog, over on the right side, so you can see how I"m doing.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Kim said…
Go get 'em, Twinnie!

Popular Posts