Astor!

IMG_3663.JPG by kbshee
IMG_3663.JPG a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

One thing I love about reading other people's blogs is seeing what they're knitting. If I like what they've knitted before, and they've started knitting something I've never heard of, I'll check it out and see if I want to knit it too. This tends to clog up the WIP pipeline but hey. That's life!

SO this weekend I cast on for Astor (Rav linky, sorry if you're not on there) that I read about on Rachel's blog . Rachel is a terrific knitter and even though she's not that far along I glommed on to it because of the color and the words 'instant gratification'. So I started it using some yarn in stash...not chunky, but Aran yarn from the Irish Ewe that has been in the stash forever, it is black with lots of multicolored flecks and it is going great.

I've knit 350 yards so far (YES! Stash knit down!) and I"m maybe 1/3 of the way through the back. It's a long sweater. And I'm going to adjust the pattern and knit it long sleeved. And do my first pockets!

Thanks Rachel for pointing me to this sweater! I guess I'm unofficially in the KAL with you and your mom now, huh?

Comments

Kim said…
Love Berroco patterns. This one is, as usual, beautiful.
kathy b said…
now you have ME going to look at it...and maybe cast on
Rachel said…
Glad to see you cast on!

Although is it a knit-a-long if you'll be done before I knit another stitch on mine...and most likely before Mom even knits her first stitch? ;)

btw--thanks for calling me a terrific knitter...high praise considering the source!