Astor!!!

IMG_3709.JPG by kbshee
IMG_3709.JPG, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

I finally found a way to photograph Astor so you can see the windowpane pattern. The way this sweater works is that it is a long stockinette cardy with this windowpane pattern on the right and left sides of the front. And the windowpanes go around the neck to form sort of a shawl collar. I'm almost done with the left side, and will probably start onthe right side tomorrow.

Really enjoying this one!

Interesting discovery: I found a pair of socks that I had knitted yesterday in the yarn room (found them in the yarn room. Obviously they were knitted somewhere else). They're about an inch too short in the foot. But. I can't find any additional yarn (they were knit top down, so conceivably I could open them up and add more toe) (key word=conceivably) so what should I do? Make a mess and open them up and see if I can add a toe in a different yarn? Get 'em wet and stretch the bejeezus out of them? any other ideas?

Comments

Ling said…
Hmm - tricky dilemma! If you undid the toe, would you have enough yarn to knit the extra inch? A contrast toe would work well.
kathy b said…
Your ASTOR is really lovely. I know how hard it can be to photograph dark yarn and patterns. GREAT JOb
vi said…
open them up
knit the toe
if you are wearing them in shoes no one will see it
if you are wearing them without shoes...make sure the toes are wild
vi

Popular Posts