First Fluency

IMG_3661.JPG by kbshee
IMG_3661.JPG a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

This is the first Fluency glove that I finished...I had knitted up to the thumb when I ran out of yarn, so after much internet searching I found an online store with a skein (the yarn is discontinued, Elsebeth Lavold Angora which is a great choice for these gloves). So the new skein arrived the other day, and even though it's not a great match with the two skeins I have, it looks fine knit up for the thumb. I even knit a bit longer index finger with the same yarn.

Fun pattern, with beads in between some of the ribs (if you notice a little sparkly something, they are beads). And this goes really fast, it is simply a rib pattern with a few knit two togethers to get the wavy motion of the pattern in there. I'm about 1/4 of the way through the second glove.

Although now we are having spring in Oregon...it is rain and windy and probably sixty degrees or so. We got the dogs out for a good walk (uphill, and Juneau did not lag one bit...she is doing GREAT!) and now we're hunkered down for the rest of the day. Knitting and reading for me.

Comments

kathy b said…
IT is just beautiful what a great job you did. and good for you for sticking to it even while waiting out for more yarn...
I would never have imagined the pattern was easy. thanks for the information like that which makes me think it maybe could go into my queue