Winging it sweater

IMG_3702.JPG by kbshee
IMG_3702.JPG, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

This is a project that I'm sort of making up as I go along.
It's a top down raglan, with a V neck, and there's about a gazillion patterns for that floating around on line. I'm making it in stripes, using two colors of Elann Den-M-Nit, the poor man's (or woman's) version of Rowan Denim. A couple things about this yarn and project:
-it shrinks and fades, like jeans. Somewhere between 10 and 15% on length. So it is knit a bit loose and it will shrink up.
-it will be big, since I want a big baggy summer sweater for the beach.
-I will have to keep knitting and knitting to make it long enough, given the shrinkage.
-that's ok. It's as mindless as a sock.
-and no seams!

Spring break is over and it has been great. I teach at 8:30 on Mondays and Wednesdays so it will be a pretty tough re-entry but should be fine. I'm as ready as I'm going to be!

OH and will you check out the Stash Knit Down totals? I'm only 400 yards away from my end-of-March goal. Probably won't get there (although if I keep focused on just one project for four days, I might. But I also have stuff to do in the evenings this week, which will cut into knitting time. But I'm pretty proud of my knit down status!).

Comments

handeyecrafts said…
That looks terrific. And, from this day forward, I'm going to work "as mindless as a sock" into my conversations as much as humanly possible.