WIP it

IMG_3651.JPG by kbshee
IMG_3651.JPG a photo by kbshee on Flickr.
I am at a new high WIP point in my kntting career. And. I cast on for three more in the last week.

Before I recount the WIPs, here is one of my new favorite projects: Sivia Harding's Fluency gloves. I'm making these with Elsebeth Lavold Angora yarn. Before I tell you about these, please note:
1. Sivia's name is Sivia, not Silvia.
2. Elsebeth's name is Elsebeth, not Elisabeth.
Ah knitters.
Anyway, I found two skeins of angora in the stash and there gloves are going to be lovely. Except. The pattern calls for about 110 yards per glove, and I only have 91. The yarn is discontinued, and I can't find more anywhere. Oh well. Sivia (no L) gives us a Mitt option on these gloves, so we'll see if I make mitts instead of gloves.
And my other WIP count is:
-2 pairs of socks: one for me and one for Tim
-3 scarves, including the one I just cast on, the knit-of-the-moment Kusha Kusha
-3 sweaters, but not yet the top I want to cast on.

Tim has been in St. Louis since Thursday and I've been spending a lot of time with the dogs. Juneau is doing fine, although getting up both at 3am and 6am for her is not that fine for me...but I've been hitting the pillow at 9:30 each night so that's working out OK. And I think I might take a wee nap this afternoon.

Comments