Mitts!

IMG_3712.JPG by kbshee
IMG_3712.JPG, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

So I must adMITT (ha ha), I've always been a little anti-mitt. I just didn't get why you need your fingers free. But I knit these mitts and I really like them. In Eugene in the spring, the temps hover around the 50 degree mark. And when walking the dogs (clutching a leash), mitts are great...they warm up the palms, but keep the busy fingers free (and the fingers warm up because they're working on holding the leash).

And if the fingers get cold, you can sort of fold them into the mitt.

Plus, fingers are a pain. To knit, that is.

I like these. One leftover ball of Debbie Bliss Rialto and about three hours of work. Stash reduction and instant gratification. Awesome.

And speaking of stash reduction...I came within about 300 yards of my March goal. Awesome! I was pretty far behind at the start of March but I think I can get back on track. Hooray!

Comments

handeyecrafts said…
This is one other place where the twinship splits. I LOVE mitts --- knitting them and wearing them. (Without the gaudy orange button, though; goes without saying.)
Kim in Oregon said…
The button, dear twinnie, is actually woven leather and not gaudy orange. I do think if you saw it IRL you would approve.