Start of Summer Musings

IMG_3836.JPG by kbshee
IMG_3836.JPG, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

OK OK, I know it isn't really the start of summer but it is Memorial day and we can all gleefully don our white patent leather shoes without any repercussions. Lots to catch you up on as I slowly start to morph into my summer mindset.

1. Finally, a lovely picture of Astor, lovely in that you can see the pattern but not so lovely in that it looks like I have a humpback. But this is a great sweater, a fairly quick knit, looks wonderful on (I've worn it once, it is warm!) and I wish I had done the pockets. I may add a patch pocket here and there.
2. Midnight math: you may have noticed I"m keeping track of stash knit and have a goal of knitting ten miles of yarn. At some point at the start of the year, I calculated with my oh-so-superior mathematical brain that I would have to knit a mile per month in order to make it to ten miles this year. Last night in the middle of the night (while fretting over another month were my goal was NOT met) I realized the error of my high level calculus. Thus, June (and December) are now officially 'catch up' months without a mile goal that should allow me to meet the mileage goal that I set up.
3. I'm sure that is way too much information for you.
4. Summer Knitting is on my head! The goal of course to finish wips. I also have a hankering to knit an entrelac shawl out of some yarn in stash, as well as to knit a secret present for Tim for Christmas. Have patterns and yarn for both.
5. I also want to learn how to crochet. I can do a chain, but other than that I'm limited. There's a gorgeous bracelet pattern in the book Vampire Knits (don't judge) here ; I was thinking I could add beads and create bracelets and chokers for the Artfire shop I'm opening.
6. Oh yeah. Open Artfire shop.
7. Plus clean closets etc.
In other news: my sore arm magically cleared up yesterday. So what's up for your summer?

Comments

Kim said…
The sweater is breathlessly gorgeous. Very well done.