Inch Per Hour

IMG_3842.JPG by kbshee
IMG_3842.JPG, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

I finished...finally...the back of this sweater from Inspired Cable Knits. It looks great (if I do say so myself) but my friends, this is not a fast knit. I've been tracking myself on this and guess what?

One inch per hour.

I'm not a fast cable knitter...I've tried with a cable needle and without a cable needle and cables just slow me down. Even on the WS rows, there's so much switching from knit to purl that this takes a long time.

So, let's see. The front is another 22 hours. The sleeves might go a bit faster, but let's say another 25 hours for the sleeves. So if I knit on this 2 hours a day, that gives me another month til this is done.

And when I write it down like that, it doens't seem that bad. But right now it seems like this one will never get done. Luckily I love how it looks, so that should keep me going!

Comments

Beverly said…
Looks great. I'm sure it will be a beautiful sweater.