I finished the second front of the cardigan the other day, and thought "oh, I'll do a light blocking on this so all my blog readers will be able to see how nice it looks."
And standing in the laundry room, under the fluoresent (how do you spell that?) light, I realized I had two different dye lots on the piece.
Now here's the thing. I knew I had two different dye lots..I knew I had two skeins of one dyelot and about 8 of the other, and have double checked the dyelots as I've worked through this. But for some reason, one of the lot of 2 was wound into a tight ball (not a cake, like I usually do) and so I started using it for the last few inches of the cardigan.
It's hard to see in normal light. Tim told me to not worry about it, or maybe to do a light overdye.
But I ripped it out and reknit it with the correct dye lot, because that's just the way I am.
I've reknit so many sections of this sweater I could probably be finished with the whole darn thing. Yet. I endure.