Happy and sad

IMG_3909 by kbshee
IMG_3909, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

Two happies and a sad today.

The first happy is that Juneau's monthly bloodwork showed that she is still healthy and in remission. We are also going to wean her off the last drug she's on--prednisone--over the next week. At the vet hospital, she was referred to once again as the miracle dog

The other happy is that our butterfly bush is blooming. I shouldn't have a favorite plant, should I? Oh why not. I love this not only for its outstanding deep purple color (which I use to assess purple sock yarn) but it smells wonderful. It blooms just as the rest of the spring flowers start to fade, and blooms forever. I added a hanging basket with petunias in it which will iive as long as I remember to water them.

The sad is that the wife of a dear friend passed. He (dear friend) is in Scotland and is so far away, and I feel so sad for him. They were married for 35 years, and when I last saw him (last year in Milan) he spoke so wonderfully of her courage and strength. The last I heard about her illness was that things were looking good.

So happies and sads. Life, I guess.

Comments

handeyecrafts said…
I am so, so, SO happy for the news about Juneau. And the news for you. It's positively tremendous.