Quick and Easy Scarf

IMG_3906 by kbshee
IMG_3906, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

While I was straightening out the stash room, I found two skeins of Mountain Colors yarn. One was Merino Ribbon, the other Mohair, both in the 'Red Tail Hawk' colorway.

I have knit with the merino ribbon before and I remember loving the yarn. I thought I'd do a scarf using both yarns, but a quick swatch reminded me that as much as I love merino ribbon, I hate the mohair.

So this one skein scarf. I knit it longways, so the colors blend together in a way that looks almost woven. I used the mohair to cast on and off, and I also did a little mohair attached icord on the ends to give it a finished look. The scarf is about 44 inches long: 145 stitches cast on to a #7 needle, and then knit til it is about 7 inches wide. You could probably get an inch or two additional in length with the amount of yarn in the skein.

This feels wonderful against the skin and will be just the thing for the coolish fall days here in Oregon. Which is today, I guess: we've had rain all weekend and cool temperatures!

Comments