Three bags full

IMG_3913 by kbshee
IMG_3913, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

It was shearing day today at Silk Creek Farm, and I went out there early to help Bil and Julia with the shearing. We had a new shearer, Andy, who was a bit slower than 'Fast Eddie' but I think he did a bit of a better job. We sheared 20 alpaca in about 3 hours which is pretty good. They all seemed happy and not traumatized when we finished.

There are actually two more bags of Atom's gorgeous white fleece, which I'm thinking about selling in my totally empty artfire shop. If you are a spinner and want to try spinning some alpaca, or even getting some fleece for dying, let me know and we can work something out! This is beautiful huacaya alpaca fleece in white (Atom) and bay black (Brownie) and spins beautifully!

Comments