Weekend

IMG_3878 by kbshee
IMG_3878, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

Yesterday was sunny and in the low 80s, today cloudy and humid and probably just in the 60s but we're managing to eek out a good holiday weekend even though Tim is working really hard to finish his thesis and the dogs freak out over fireworks.

We did a late afternoon paddle on Friday, and then yesterday met our nephew Stephen for lunch and then walked around the Saturday Market. This morning we took a hike on a new-for-us trail near our house. Now we're home working (Tim) and considering a nap (me).

I finished the first of Tim's socks, and the yarn variegations are fun. I like long long pattern changes and this yarn..Drops Delight...does them well.

Are you Independence Daying? Any thing fun?

Comments

cshogan said…
Love the colorway!
Jeanne said…
I like your yarn choice!

A geriatric friend has been after us to come over for dinner. So, we're doing that this evening.

The kids went into town to see the parade and hang out. They'll enjoy the town's fireworks display, later tonight. I'm not one for crowds and sunshine, so I opted out of the town festivities, this year.