Still life with knitting and toes

IMG_3931 by kbshee
IMG_3931, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

I finished the first sleeve for the bright pink sweater. My plan was to go back to the dark pink sweater and work on THAT sleeve but I'm just going to barrel ahead and get this sweater finished. I do feel I can finish both by the end of August and then I'll call summer successful.

I'm tired. I've spent this week, from 10-3, with a dozen 17 year olds at a program run by the UO called the Summer Academy to Inspire Learning. I've taught storytelling to these kids, and we've focused on college essays. Man, they are exhausting! They are exhausting on many different levels but from a teaching perspective, just the idea of being 'on' for five hours a day, four days in a row, without a break, is a lot. So I'm going to relax and knit and read today to recover.

Comments

Popular Posts