More Startitis

IMG_4021 by kbshee
IMG_4021, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

Here's another piece I began last week. I've had a variety of Cotton Fleece is neutral colors in the stash forever, and I've been wondering what to do with them. I also wanted to do something with vertical rather than horizontal stripes.

So the design I'm doing is based on a side-to-side pattern from DROPS that I've reinvented to match the gauge of the Cotton Fleece. There's a 12 row pattern that does not allow yarn to be 'carried over'...so hence it looks like there's a lot of fringe. I'll have lots of weaving in to do!

This is my last week of freedom but now clearly people are back at school working and I'm trying to get some of my projects cleared up before classes start. I submitted a conference paper today and I've also finished up the proposal and budget for an Honors Program. I feel somewhat in control. For at least a few days.

How are you doing?

Comments

Startitis here, too. And aren't DROPS patterns terrific?

Popular Posts