Fair Isle Sweater

IMG_4050 by kbshee
IMG_4050, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

So you probably don't remember that I'm making a sweater with a fair isle hood...this sweater is slightly cursed due to two different dye lots (sound familiar?) and I put it aside because fair isle requires a bit more concentration that I generally have when school is in session.

But generally NOT the amount of concentration needed during a 45-2 blowout (go Ducks!) and so the first cuff is done.


IMG_4051 by kbshee
IMG_4051, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

The first picture (above) shows the 'real' color of the sweater, but this picture lets you see the detail in the fair isle. I made this color combination up myself, and the yellow probably needs to be more vibrant, but I'm using stash yarn to do it so I'll be happy with what I have.

I still need to finish the ribbed cuff on this and do the OTHER sleeve (the sleeve is done up til this point, though) before tackling the hood. But I feel more confident in my fair isle skills (although concentration is still required!).

Comments

Popular Posts