Sweater

IMG_4125 by kbshee
IMG_4125, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

I've had four hunks of Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool in the stash for a long time, and over the break I wondered what I could make with it. I got it in my head that I wanted to do another Tangled Yoke Cardigan--an easy to wear, relatively easy to knit cardigan that would be nice and toasty.

I found the pattern and of course, the Fisherman's Wool is way too thick. But I'm holding my breath, doing the math and hoping that I can revise the pattern to a thicker gauge yarn without too many problems.

For starters, I case on about 2/3 of the stitches needed in the original pattern. I'll knit this straight up to the armpits, knit the sleeves, and then the tricky bit will be the yoke. However, I think I can do the math part and figure out how many pattern repeats I need to make the sweater look good. Mathiness is a bit of a strength of mine.

I love the color, I love knitting with it, and I think it will be a great cardigan.

First day of class went fine, met our new President which went fine, my head is down and I'll plow through.

Comments

technikat said…
That's going to make a very warm cardi. I have an afghan knit from that yarn and it's almost too heavy for me to use for its intended purpose of tossing it on when I'm feeling chilly. It's a warm, heavy blanket.

Popular Posts