Mr. Stripeys

IMG_4173 by kbshee
IMG_4173, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

When we lived in Tennessee, we planted a garden one year with visions of growing lots of delicious veggies. One of the veggies we selected was a tomato with the delicious name of "Mr. Stripey".

My memory is a bit hazy, but I'm recalling that the vegetable garden experiment was not successful, yet the name Mr. Stripey has stuck with me. And that is the name I'm calling these socks.

As you can see, I finished the first one and then made the whimsical decision to have the second one be complimentary and not a perfect match. I love these colors, and the yarn is nice too--it is String Theory Dyeworks, beautiful clear intense colors.

Comments

KSD said…
I think they're awesome!!
zippiknits said…
They are going to be great to wear - very bold, bright, kicky and fun.

We grew a couple stripy heirloom tomato plants this year, and those two plants produced tomatoes clear into the coldest weather. Though, of course, this is San Diego.