Back to the Knitting

IMG_4210 by kbshee
IMG_4210, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

Here's the Spectra scarf. You may note that it is off the needles, and it is much shorter than you might imagine. I think the original pattern called for 75 wedges, and I have about 35 here. This will allow me to tuck this scarf in a neckline of a cardigan, or pin it with a little pin. I think I'll get more out of it this way. So pretty!

We watched the old PBS series "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" and the last scene--one of the only scenes with a woman in it--had the woman wearing a turtleneck with a stick pin in it. STICK PINS! I loved stick pins in the 80s. Maybe I should try to bring them back.

This is spring break, and it will be a quiet catch up week. As wonderful as 'quarters' are in the fall, they kind of suck right now--ten more weeks of school staring me in the face with lots to do (include finding a new President for the UO). So I'm using this week to get caught up on a lot of other stuff so I can focus on my one class and the rest of my service next term.

There will be fun, though. Breakfast and lunches with friends/colleagues, and lots of reading and knitting. And hopefully a quick trip to the coast if it ever stops raining.

Comments

KSD said…
I found a few stick pins in my mother's stuff. . . They are pretty cool.

Popular Posts