Hmm part 2

IMG_4282 by kbshee
IMG_4282, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

The wiggle wrap, which I do really like, isn't quite doing what it is supposed to do.

The idea behind if (I think I've blathered on about this before) is that you have two different balls of kauni (with long, blendy repeats) and knit two rows of one and then two rows of the other, with a wiggly pattern on one of the rows. When it works, it looks really cool as the different colors blend during the course of the wrap.

The pattern recommends one 'bright' and one 'drab' color (I think I made up the word drab but you know what I'm talking about) in order to make the colors stand out.

Well, I think I erred in my choices. The red color doesn't have that much variation between the dark red and the bright reddish pink, and the drab color is all kind of grey. Looking at the ball, i can see more drab colors coming up (a drab green and a drab brown) so maybe they'll be something more dramatic coming up, but for now, not so much.

I do like this knitting pattern, and the 'knot'-ty issue is less bothersome now that it is getting longer, but just not the knit I thought this would be. Oh well.

Comments