It Starts to Make Sense

IMG_4223 by kbshee
IMG_4223, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

Spent a bit more time on the Wingspan yesterday--and it started to make sense. The 'holes' that I complained about yesterday are a DESIGN FEATURE! I think the whole effect of the shawl is to look like feathers, and the holes separate one feather from another.

I guess given the name was WINGSPAN I could have figured that out a bit more quickly, but oh well. I've done three of the eight sections (wow, this goes fast..), I'm on the fourth, and I weighed the yarn just to make sure I have enough for the whole thing.

The start of every summer brings the Black Sheep Gathering to Eugene---knitters and spinners galore. I skipped it last year (various reasons, mostly having to do with the fact I needed no yarn/fiber and none of the classes appealed to me). This year, i signed up for a spinning class that is going to teach about incorporating beads and stuff into the yarn. Very excited. I really want to spin up a lot of my alpaca this summer and this class should encourage me to get my spinning chops going again and to give me new ideas for spinning.

Tomorrow: back for the ten week slog known as Spring Term.

Comments

Popular Posts