Simplicity

IMG_4224 by kbshee
IMG_4224, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

I finished the Wingspan, and this was one of the most satisfying knits I've done for a while. It's all knit stitches, short rows with no wrapping and none of that pesky knit the wraps with the stitch. The result is a series of 'feathers' that are set off by the holes made when a short row is turned. I didn't like it the first time I did it, but the effect overall is great.

The yarn is Kauni Effectgarn in blacks, greys and purples,which is a bit bland but of course very fitting with everything I wear.

I haven't knit on anything else this week (except a sock in the faculty meeting yesterday) and even though I haven't had a lot of knitting time, it's done.

Busy week :first week of fall term, plus I had to organize a special issue of a journal that I'm editing (find reviews, remove identifying information from submissions, handle questions, etc). Next week my pal Charlie Robertson is visiting as our exec in residence and I'm excited about that, but it will be another busy one. Plus end of term stuff heating up, not surprisingly.

Comments

Popular Posts