Memorial Day weekend

IMG_4299 by kbshee
IMG_4299, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

You know it's Memorial Day weekend in Oregon when you're wrapped up in a wool shawl while knitting socks and waiting for the rain to start.

I shouldn't complain--we had a beautiful month of gorgeous weather, and a record stretch of no rain for May--I think over two weeks. When it rained earlier this week, I knew the green outside would be incredibly intense, and the weeds would be out of control. All the flowers are mixed up in terms of their blooming---fox gloves should NOT be blooming now--but it is so beautiful outside.

I've never been a big napper (napping does run in my family, both my mom and my Twinster are champion nappers), but I've taken naps yesterday and today. As I mentioned in the previous post, the early part of this week was intense and exhausting, and naps are helping. Yesterday's was only 15 minutes, today's was a bit longer, and I wake up feeling ready to take on the world...or at least sit up on the couch and knit some more.

We're having a mellow weekend--Tim is working from home on Monday, it's not nice out and we still have two weeks of classes AND THEN finals week, so the end isn't really even in sight. But for those of you who live where summer is a-cumen in, enjoy!

Comments