She spins too

IMG_4305 by kbshee
IMG_4305, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

I'm taking a spinning class in--uh oh--less than three weeks and while you don't have to be an incredible spinner, you do need to know how to spin a constant thread. And while I do know this, I haven't done it for a year.

And as you may recall, I have three or four alpacas worth of fleece to prepare and spin.

So I sat down, oiled the wheel, figured out how it all works, and started spinning with some purple roving that is sitting at the bottom of the closet.

Like riding a bike, spinning comes back pretty quickly. At least I think it did--the spun single looks good, and I'll try to do another single and ply this weekend.

Juneau is maintaining her current health state, and probably improved a bit since Tuesday. Her fever is back down to normal and her appetite is great. She's a tad slower on the walks but still eager to get outside. Our first 'post relapse' bloodwork is next Tuesday so we'll see how she's doing clinically then.

Comments

cshogan said…
Hoping for a good prognosis for Juneau.
zippiknits said…
Wish they had been able to ID the virus for this in dog's as well as cats, and created a vaccine for dogs. :(

The spinning looks very good. Soon you will have a nicely balance blue yarn to spin.