Happy 4th!

IMG_4329 by kbshee
IMG_4329, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

Isn't it odd when a holiday is on Wednesday? I'm all "it's a regular day OOPS IT ISN'T so shouldn't we do something not regular? Other than not get the mail?"
But Tim is working today (at home, which is nice, except I can't bug him constantly) and so I spent the morning doing some work on my ethics book. I'm quitting now to read and knit. We'll smoke some ribs for tonight and I'm making a fruit salad and my extra special corn and black bean salad*.
This is 'flaming june' in that hemp yarn that I started a while back. I've picked it back up, and it is going along swimmingly. I still don't love the yarn but we've reached a level of agreement that we both can tolerate.
How are you 4th-ing?

*Here's my salad: take two cans of black beans, mix with a bag of frozen corn (you can defrost it if you want) and a little tub of green salsa. Add cilantro (check and see if your grocery has the squeezable cilantro in tubes. I love!). Refrigerate the whole thing for a few hours and then eat it right out of the bowl. Or serve it to guests and have them eat like normal people.

Comments

KSD said…
I was just making the "It doesn't feel like a Wednesday" comment to Hannah. It is definitely odd.

Cilantro in tubes? Love it.

Popular Posts