Partway through

IMG_4352 by kbshee
IMG_4352, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

I finished both sleeves on Friday, and had about an hour before dinner so I started the assembly. So far, i have the shoulder seams done, the side seams, and one sleeve set in. Next comes the other sleeve, then that sleeve seam, and then the button band.

The setting in went ok on the first sleeve--I'm getting better at it but I still prefer a raglan rather than a set in. Oh well.

Yesterday was my second Saturday class in Portland: out the door at 6:40 am, back home at 5:45 pm. Class from 9-4. A long day, but a good group of students and lots to talk about.

This coming week I'm doing a volunteer program at UO for students from lower Socio-Economic Status (stati?) and they come to campus for a week for an academic program--the same cohort comes starting eight grade through senior year. I'm working with my colleague Matt and a 'details and storytelliing' project which I hope goes well--it is the first time we've tried it!

Comments