Comfort Zone, Wheelhouse, Whatever...

IMG_4367 by kbshee
IMG_4367, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

....my next project is far outside of it.

As I mentioned earlier, I love the "Hiro" pattern by Julia Farwell-Clay. It reminds me of my favorite sweaters of my 20s--Bennetton Sweaters. When I lived in Chicago, there was a Bennetton store between my apartment and my office, and it made a convenient place to stop after a bad day and buy a treat. I don't know why I gave those sweaters away, and I'm sure in the 2012 light of day they're not as wondrous as I remember.

When I decided to knit Hiro, at first I thought of my traditional color palette, which is of course black, grey and white. Or maybe dark blue and light blue. But inspired by Julia, I took a big leap of faith and bought some bright (BRIGHT) yarn for the sweater.

The yarn used in the pattern is a bit out of my price range, but I had a gift cert from Loopy Ewe which made buying enough Cascade 220 to do the sweater very affordable.

I probably shouldn't have photographed this on an ugly plaid bedspread but you can see how bright this going to be. BRIGHT! Yes?

Comments

technikat said…
Perfect for those grey winter days in Eugene!
murdo said…
Great colours. I can remember always being told off by Beneton staff for touching sweaters in the store....interesting sales technique but beautiful sweaters.....yours is even lovelier :)