Not blocked but done

IMG_4356 by kbshee
IMG_4356, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

I finished the knitting on this last night--it needs a good blocking so the button band stands out but on the whole I love this sweater. It was a fun knit (from Knit.Wear, you might recall) and even though there were seams, seams, seams, I'm still liking it a lot.

This week I've been doing a program at the UO called the Summer Academy to Inspire Learning. Local smart kids from families where going to college is not the norm come to campus for a week each summer starting after 7th grade. I work with the 'rising Juniors' and we spend the week talking about storytelling, detail, and college essay writing. This go round I'm working with one of our multimedia producers, Matt, and they're doing a little multimedia project as well. The week is going fine--the thing that amazes me about these 17 year olds is that one day they're great, enthusiastic, participating and the next day they're sullen and closed. I guess that is the nature of teenagers, but I'm not used to it. Oh well.

And in the 'I'm an idiot" news, this morning on my way out of the house I stopped to rinse off one of my contacts. Well, I grabbed the wrong bottle and instead of the 'gentle' rinse I grabbed the 'soak overnight' rinse that has 3% 2(HO) (that's hydrogen peroxide to those non chemists out there) (OK I looked it up but only because my friend Julie the Chemist would be mad if I didn't). Let's just say ouch. And that the kids today probably thought I was getting high before class today.

Comments

KSD said…
Blahblahblah education, blahblahblahwrong contact solution (have done that SO many times), but that cardigan is RIGHTEOUS! Way to go, Twinster!!

Popular Posts