It's not a vacation without yarn

On our last day in Montana, Tim and his buddy Gabe went out on a float trip on the Flathead river, and Pilot and I spent the day together eating potato puffs from Taco John's (if you have a Taco John near you I"m very jealous), going to the dog park, and shopping for yarn. Whitefish, with a population of less than 10,000, has an adorable knit shop called Knit and Needle
I bought three yarns. First (at the top) is Mountain Colors Teton, a collaboration between Mountain Colors in Montana and Mountain Meadow Wool Mill in WYoming. This color is Stream, and will be a hat for Tim. Gong clockwise, this silver sock yarn (winters night) was dyed using all natural dyes by Sincere Sheep in the Napa Valley. They're a new company to me. And the green is BFL sock from Sweet Georgia, and the color (spruce) reminds me of Montana and will be beautiful cable socks for me.







IMG_4493.JPG


Comments

KSD said…
Love the silver yarn. And your afternoon with Pilot sounds perfect.
zippiknits said…
It's the angle. hehehe

I SOOO love to look at OPY. Thank you, it's all gorgeous! I have to get out and spend a 50% er on some sock yarn. DH will pitch a fit but what can you do?

Lovely that you and Pilot got out for an afternoon play time. Sweet indeed.