Progress!

IMG_1079 by kbshee
IMG_1079, a photo by kbshee on Flickr.

I've been working on this sweater a lot (well, let me redefine that--I've been working on this when I've been knitting, which isn't that often) and it is looking like a real sweater thing!

I reclaimed the yarn from a shawl that I had started but was frankly going nowhere--I liked it better in the Rowan Magazine than I did in real life. I like the color combination and I think the dark blue on the bottom will be flattering. It is Rowan felted Tweed, a great sweater yarn.

I finished the first week of school--yes we started LATE. It is an interesting term: I teach 9-12 and 4-6 on Mondays and Wednesdays. I'm trying to schedule most meetings for the Monday and WEdnesday afternoons, and then hopefully have time during the rest of the week to do class prep and work on research (I have seven chapters in a textbook that I need to finish off this term).

I am also taking an Adult Ballet class on Thursday nights. It is pretty fun--a great way to stretch out--and the class is taught with the assumption that the students pretty much understand some of the basic ballet stuff. Which I pretty much do. I'm enjoying that.

Comments

KSD said…
Great colors! You have a good eye for combinations.

Popular Posts