An interesting knit

I've been on the search for some summer-type scarves, and I found one on Ravelry that happened to be in an old issue of VK.

It doesn't quite look like much, but let me explain. there are five 'boxes' surrounded by drop stitches. One row is made of wraps and drops, while there are drop stitches that will be dropped down once the scarf is finished. So it won't look like quite the crazyness is does right now.

Finding the right yarn for a summer scarf is tough. I had some yarn in the stash that seemed great--it was called Olmue and was a cotton/rayon blend with a nice hand. I had already wound it---and only had about 2/3 of the skein wound into a ball. I'm not sure where the rest of it is, but I need the whole ball for the scarf.

I didn't want to do wool because, well, summer scarf.

So i bought some Noro sock yarn that is primarily cotton--it is called Taiyo. The colorway is very summery---pinks and light greys and some purple (is that summery??). So far, so good. I've never been a big Noro fan but I like this one.

The pattern is #13, the Drop Stitch scarf, from Spring/Summer 2009.

Comments

KSD said…
I like the look of drop-stitch things, but haven't ever been satisfied with how my drops looked.
kathy b said…
Cool! i love when the drops finally drop. I think they are a cool effect