Spring

We're having a few days of spring here--highs in upper 60s and low 70s, which means flip flops and shorts for Oregonian students. I took an hour off this afternoon and weeded our front yard, so I made a bit of a dent in it. I just noticed we have a volunteer aspen in our little circular garden in the front, so maybe we'll keep that. I like aspens.

Usually this is when I hate most knitting, with its wintery vibes, but I will finish this one:




Yarn from Boersma's, a silk blend, and the fun k4rounds p4rounds pattern that works well with a rainbow type yarn.

AND this may be the first and LAST picture of these formica counters, which are being replaced next week in the next step of our kitchen 'refresh'. We just replaced the microwave (the 20 year old one died) and will get the cabinets reconditioned, along with new counters.

It is that time of the year where I have a series of short assignments that just keep on coming. I'm on 18 thesis and dissertation committees so there's nonstop drafts to read. I have a new prep this term so there's that to prep. I have aricles to review and chapters on a book to tweak. So I just plug from one thing to another and I know it will eventually all get done--or else that the year will end and then I'm done anyway.

But yeah.

Comments

KSD said…
Yikes. Eighteen, huh? You're a kind soul.
kathy b said…
Flip flops sound wonderful….and Im digging out my sandals…even though it is cooler near the lake