"Let's just cast them all on and stay here all night!"

I saw this shawl pattern and even though I don't really like shawls, I really like this one as I have a hankering to do some cabling.

But, I said to myself, I have SO MANY THINGS on the needles, shouldn't I finish them off?

And then I remembered this old Judy Garland album that I had...I think it might have been called Judy at Carnegie Hall? It is a live recording of all her hits and she sounds fantastic. Toward the end, she takes an encore and the crowd is going crazy (of course). She says (and I paraphrase)...why don't I just sing them all and we'll stay here all night?"

So with that in mind, I cast this on:





The photo does not do justice to the color, which is that rich, deep royal purple. The yarn is Matchmaker Merino DK, I have seven balls of it from long ago, and it is sadly discontinued. The amount I have is not enough for a sweater but it looks like it will be enough for this shawl.

So stay tuned, I know it doesn't look like much now but I think that will change.

We had a good paddle yesterday at the reservoir (sp?), saw many different birds and got on and off the water before the holiday crowds.

We also continue to enjoy our CSA offerings--this week we got two pints of strawberries and so had some strawberry shortcake last night. This along with lots of broccoli, carrots, lettuce, herbs, zucchini....very few things that we think 'ick'.


Comments

KSD said…
Good for you!