One more summer project--and an update

I forgot about one other summer project:
I want to make a wreath for the front door--I have several patterns--one for leaves and several others for flowers. I also have a pattern for acorns and toadstools--so the plan is to make the leaves and permanently attach those to the wreath, then have velcro or some other self stick things for the flowers and toadstools and such so I can switch them out according to the season. I've ordered several sets of Loopy Cakes as well as collected all my Koigu mini skeins in this basket, so I'm ready to go (also bought a new set of dpns).

PLUS---I will also return to hexipuffing since it is all organized (I guess I need quotes around the word organized) in this basket.

Two quick updates. First, Kathy asked what DVD I was using. I bought three from Women's Health, and the one I'm starting with is 'Total Workout in Ten." It is a group of four ten-minute workouts: cardio, upper body, lower body, balance, with the idea being you can do 'anything' for ten minutes. So far, I've done both the upper and lower body twice and really like it. It moves really fast and I do feel it, so yay me.

The second update: our first CSA basket was great. Three bigs bags of greens: kale, arugula and rainbow chard. Plus, baby carrots, onions and asparagus. The farm also gives recipes--I'm going to try a whole wheat past with asparagus and chard, and also found a recipe for sweet potatoes and kale. 



Comments

kathy b said…
Okay Total workout in Ten it is..im 'off to find it.