Finally!

Today was the last day of classes prior to summer break. Next week I have two honors defenses, a comps defense, and 17 brief portfolios to read on the way to finalizing grades. Plus a faculty meeting (ugh). But there will be an end.

This morning I made my summer 'work' list:

For some reason it was important to me to put it on a big piece of paper and not a little plan 8x11 thing. I really don't know why.  Most of these things I'm eager to do: some fun research projects, a couple kind of fun admin things for the Honors program, some books I'm looking forward to reading and some house clean up. 

The list made me think "I'm almost there! Hooray!"

And then I gathered up some things for summer knitting:

I've got several navy projects planned: the sweater called Thorntower, a navy blue lavold scarf and a blue cable scarf with the Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk yarn to replace the one a little dog chewed up. The multi yarn is for some figure 8 mitts, and the green and yellow is for a baby sweater (requested by the parents to be).  I have of course other stuff on the needles but these all make me happy.


Comments

kathy b said…
fun fun fun ahead!! I want to see all the summer knit ups
Zippi Kit said…
Really, you should definitely have a lot of fun this summer in view of that end of term list you posted.

Popular Posts