Today I have nothing..

...but pretty wound up balls of yarn.
The three large navy balls are for the Thorntower. The yarn is Quince & Co "Lark" in the color Peacoat.
The two smaller yarns are two purply yarns for the shawl. This yarn is by Color Shift on Etsy.
The red is a yak blend from Bijou Basin Ranch.

So. I was cleaning out the yarn room the other day and I found a Vogue Knitting magazine from Fall 2006. Wondering why I had saved this in the yarn area (as opposed to the magazine area) of the house, I sat down and went through it. And found a sweater I loved.

It is here.

So I'm trying to decide whether to make this or not, given it takes 2100 yards of dk yarn on small needles. Which means it would take forever and I'd have to buy yarn to make it.

And the pictures on Rav don't make the sweater look nearly as good as the pictures in the magazine: do you think?

My choices at this point are to: 1. buy cheap yarn and knit it up even though it will take a gazillion years; 2. rejigger the pattern for a bigger yarn that will be more cost efficient or 3. move on to the gazillion other patterns I like since I might fall out of love with this sweater once I start working on it.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Comments

kathy b said…
Well having looked at it on ravelry I can see why you are in love. …I have no answers for you my friend.
KSD said…
Well, you're good with cables, so that wouldn't be a problem for you.

And I wonder if the difference in the photos isn't the sweater itself, but the yarn choices. . .
Anonymous said…
I think the difference is that breadstick-thin model in the magazine versus real bodies on Rav. I personally think the Rav pix are lovelier. It is a nice sweater but I would get bored with all that fine knitting I think...

Popular Posts