New Projects

How do you pick new projects?

Sometimes I see something on Ravelry or in a magazine and think "I have to knit that" and then find out I don't have yarn and then order yarn and then knit it--that happens maybe two or three times a year. If the yarn isn't fingering yarn, I tend to follow my gut. If the yarn is fingering...such as the cute sweater Akebia from the new Twist Collective but it calls for a LOT of fingering yarn and I don't think I have it in me to make a fingering yarn sweater.

Sometimes I get a hankering to knit something specific...like cables. I got that hankering the other day but didn't want to start on a cable sweater. So I did a search and found a pattern called Arkadian Ulla (it's on Rav) and started on that.





It has a bit of a different construction and uses some new techniques (shadow wrapped heel) and so it is a bit of a challenge. And I always have sock yarn available.

And finally--sometimes I get an email with an offer and I just go for it. Today I got an email and it had a beaded cowl kit on sale--so I ordered it...because I have a hankering for beading too.

Pilot is much better...still a little wonky in the netherregions but on the mend.

So that's me. How about you?

Comments

Popular Posts