Catching up

I'm still in a good mood from vacation, believe it or not, and little by little taking time to get ready for the upcoming school year. Our contracts start Monday, and classes two weeks from Monday. We are on 'quarters' and thus begin late, as you might be able to tell.

The mitts are done:

The right one is a bit wonkier than the left one, I think it is a bit bigger because I knit it on vacation and was a bit, well let's say less strict on gauge etcetera. I'm going to go block them now so hopefully they'll look the same.

On our last day, in Mendocino, I went to the Mendocino Yarn shop and bought two skeins from a local farm:

Both natural colored, both incredibly soft. The top one is mohair and the bottom one is something that will be made into mitts or a hat.

It just might be the season of the mitt.


Comments