Deep breaths.

Oh, it is already a long week and it is only Tuesday.

Both of our cats are sick. Our brain damaged kitty, Stella, seems to be experiencing dementia.We can't let her wander at night, so we're trying to acclimate her to stay in a crate. Night one (last night) was a disaster mostly due to our poor planning. So we'll see how it goes tonight, with better planning on our end. I've been having her stay in the box for a bit of time several times today during the day--she is not happy about it but hopefully she'll get used to it. I just don't know.

Jessie has lost her appetite. We had bloodwork done yesterday and it is all fine. Our vet thought she might have thyroid issues since her heart rate was through the roof yesterday, but that came back normal. So she thinks she just has some type of tummy ache. She's also lost a lot of weight, which we've attributed to the switch in foods.

I'm not dealing well with this--mostly I'm not sleeping well (which I'm not sure is cat oriented and it might be hormone oriented) and there's pressure stuff at work too. I need to take deep breaths and be flexible but...

I have limited time and focus for knitting so there might not be regular posts. Hopefully at least twice a week though.

Comments

kathy b said…
Our senior kitty roz is doing very well on prozac. Very inexpensive as well...perhaps you can talk to your vet about it. Good luck
Kim in Oregon said…
I'm talking to the vet tomorrow about the prozac--thanks.
Kim in Oregon said…
The vet doesn't want to start prozac since she's already on phenobarbital and less is more in this case.
She had a good night last night so there's that.
KSD said…
Do what you need to do, but don't forget to take care of yourself. I'm here for anything you might need.