Secret holiday knitting

Tim and I always exchange a 'home made' gift at Christmas, and I finished his gift today. I made it out of the Bijou Basin yarn that I bought at Black Sheep this past summer. The gift itself turned out well. I'll show you full photographs in a few weeks. Ho Ho HO!

Not much else going on of interest, with the regular end-of-term craziness and the upcoming grad student strike now seems to be a go. Oh well. It really won't affect me but it is just another piece of bad news happening at the University right now.

Today is Tim's birthday...I'm making him a nice dinner and then we'll go out on Saturday to King Estate Vineyards....we've never been. Looking forward to that.

I should have more to report but...I don't. Oh well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't know the specifics of the strike, but as the wife of a former OSU grad student, I think I'm on the students' side!
Kim in Oregon said…
Right now the sticking point is whether grad students can get two weeks paid leave in case of having a baby or a serious injury that requires hospitalization. Two weeks doesn't sound like much. The University's response is that they would then have to give similar leave to other, non full time employees. It seems like the right thing to do.
Kim in Oregon said…
Meaning, the right thing to do is to give the paid leave to anyone who needs it.
KSD said…
Happy Birthday to Tim! Nice color on the surprise.