Holly Jolly

We're still enjoying the holiday here--we tend to take down the tree around the first of the New Year, we are not those people who pack away the holiday the minute that the date turns to the 26th or 27th. I love our tree and enjoy the lights and the ornaments so much, so it is really when the tree starts to become decrepit that we know it is time to take stuff down.

We had a lovely and busy holiday. We had a delicious dinner on Christmas Eve, talked with out of town family, and then watched the movie Holiday Inn. We usually alternate between "White Christmas" and "Polar Express" but I hadn't seen this movie and wanted to. Well, let's just say it doesn't stand the test of time. The story is that Bing Crosby runs an inn that is only open on Holidays. So there are lots of holiday-themed musical numbers and a love triangle story and that's about it.  It should be fun, except that Washington's birthday has the Louis XIV theme (not sure if that is right, I just kept thinking 'off with their heads'), Lincoln's birthday has the cast in blackface (or talking about being in blackface), and then there's this pro-WW2 propaganda segment for the Fourth of July. Just kind of odd.

Christmas day we had presents and breakfast and then drove up to Corvallis for dinner at friends'. Then Boxing Day we had brunch with in town friends.

Toys were desqueakered.



I was all holiday-ed out yesterday, and the weather got bad, so we watched a weird movie (Glorious 39) and just hung out.

I started this:


This is my version of the Irish Hiking Scarf. I have a reversible cable motif (one side has two cables, the top picture, and the other has one cable). I'm using Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk, I think it is discontinued but I do really love it. I have four balls, the pictures above used one ball so I do think it will be enough. And it goes fast.



Comments

Dee said…
Movies and knitting were the call of the day here too.....

Guardians of the Galaxy and then an Akira Kurasowa (Throne of Blood). THAT one was weird!

Your scarf looks pretty good. It's pretty in pink (see what I did there? LOL)
KSD said…
"Desqueakered" should be the word of 2014 AND 2015.